Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tip Tuesday: Cutting Peppers

I know that cutting peppers may be something that you just do without thinking about it, but one day I realized that I was wasting WAY too much with the way that I was cutting them.  So, I came up with this new way of cutting bell peppers to minimize the amount that I throw away.

1. Place your knife at the top of the pepper, about a half-inch from the top, and cut.



This is the best cut you can end up with: cutting off the top of the stem, but not the whole top of the pepper and also so that you can see part of the inside.



2. Next you want to cut off one 1/3 of the pepper, avoiding the white membrane.



 3. Cut through the membrane on one side of the pepper.



4. Place your knife in between the membrane and cut off another third of the pepper.



5. Continue cutting using the same cutting technique above. 



This is what you end up with!  The only parts that end up getting discarded are the parts that you don't want to eat: seeds, membrane, and the stem.


I have no idea if this is something that everyone else is already doing, but I thought I would share it anyway.  I hope this was helpful... let me know what you think! 

Happy Cooking!

Mrs. Modern

No comments:

Post a Comment