Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tip Tuesday: Braided Belt Trick

I have a favorite black belt and I love it because its so versatile: it can be worn on the hips or on the waist, the width is perfect and it goes with almost everything... BUT, I had to figure out how to keep the end tucked in so I could wear it without belt loops... and I wanted to figure out a way to do it that didn't look stupid!

So if you have a braided belt that you would love to wear but don't know how to keep the end  from hanging, here is my tip!

It's as simple as a bobby pin........ yes, you read that right, a bobby pin!! :)

(check out my DIY Earring Holder post to see how I made what's on the wall behind me!)

Here's how it's done:

Take the extra piece that is hanging and put it where you want it (mine goes alll the way around to the middle of my back). 


Start from the back/underside of the belt and feed the top of the bobby pin through the first layer of the belt (you can twist the belt around so its in the front to make it easier to see).


Feed it through the extra hanging piece...


...and then up about a 1/4 inch and then back through so that the end doesn't show.





 TA DAA!!!


    


This green shirt looks really awesome with my mustard yellow purse that I'm in love with!  (This outfit can also transition into fall with a pair of black boots and a black cardigan)


I usually like to wear this shirt with long silver earrings because of how open the neckline is, and my silver bow ring (I LOVE bow rings!!!)




 Having cute bright-colored nail polish is always good too! =)




I hope that this tip will help you if you have a braided belt that you don't know what to do with! 

Mrs. Modern

No comments:

Post a Comment